Current time: 5:55 a.m. I like it when I look at the clock and the numbers match - like when it's 11:11, or 3:33, or 4:44. I'm funny like that.
Out the window: Hot, hot heat.
On the menu: Ice water with lemon is my new go-to, because I took a big leap and decided to stop drinking Coke this week. I have a serious addiction, and the empty calories are doing me in. I'm using my next checkup in three months as a goal - I'm determined to not be the same weight then that I am now.
This week's Words of the Day:
- roister - intransitive verb - revel noisily, be uproarious.
- sclera - noun - the white of the eye; a white membrane coating the eyeball.
- taradiddle - noun, informal - 1. a petty lie. 2. pretentious nonsense.
- ullage - noun - 1. the amount by which a cask, bottle, etc. falls short of being full. 2. loss by evaporation or leakage.
- vol-au-vent - noun - a (usually small) round case of puff pastry filled with meat, fish, etc. and sauce.
Out and About:
- Beautiful GIF Animations by Oamul Lu
- Holding the door for someone
- Can’t Rent Me Love: One Woman’s Battle Against Pet Fads
- My new favourite Twitter account: Faces in Things - here's a sample
- I've always been a fan of Murphy beds, and these are especially cool.
- Why readers, scientifically, are the best people to fall in love with
- Introducing: Alternative Man
- Caught in the act
That's all for this week.