Current time: 5:40 a.m.
Out the window: Ants. And with any luck that's where they'll stay - OUTSIDE. They invaded my kitchen a while back and I was not impressed, but I tried a DIY ant killer and it worked like a charm - sugar, water and Borax.
On the menu: Lots of blueberries and cherries. They're two of my favourite fruits, so I thrive when they're in season.
This week's Words of the Day:
- withershins - adverb - 1. in a direction contrary to the sun's course (considered as unlucky.) 2. counter-clockwise.
- xanthic - adjective - yellowish.
- yegg - noun - North American slang - a travelling burglar or safecracker.
- zapateado - noun - a flamenco dance with rhythmic stamping of the feet.
- eremite - noun - a hermit or recluse, especially one under religious vows.
Out and About:
- Bicycle Opera Project gears up with expanded tour
- 10 pieces of street art that cleverly interact with nature
- Live Through This is a collection of portraits and stories of suicide attempt survivors, as told by those survivors
- Correct comma usage: standard, Oxford, Walken, Shatner
- Gorgeous photos of raindrops
- Grownups read things they wrote as kids
- I love this man. Chris Pratt interrupts an interview to French braid an intern's hair
- There's a Japanese word for the new books that pile up on our shelves
- A single tree grows 40 kinds of fruit
- Beverage logic
That's all for this week.