Oh well, on with this week's contribution to The Scattered Life Collective.
Current time: 8:08 a.m.
Out the window: Perfect summer weather, which we deserve, after the winter we had.
On the menu: Watermelon, in all of its sweet and slurpy goodness
This week's Words of the Day:
- irenic - adjective - literary - aiming or aimed at peace.
- cicerone - noun - a guide who gives information about antiquities, places of interest, etc. to sightseers.
- bufflehead - noun - a black and white North American diving duck with a relatively large head.
- majolica - noun - a type of earthenware with coloured decoration on an opaque white glass.
- rebarbative - adjective - irritating, unattractive, objectionable.
Out and About:
- 10 Literary Restaurants for Hungry Book Nerds Around the World
- Does this sound like the Wizard of Oz to you?
- Creative Housekeeping
- Reusing plastic bottles
- Watch these Ivory Coast cocoa farmers taste chocolate for the first time
- Yummy-looking crochet art by Hipota
- How to perfectly load a dishwasher
- A new way to look at failure
That's all for this week.