Current time: 8:00 a.m.
Out the window: Thunder and lightning. I love a good daytime storm, and we really need the rain.
On the menu: The year's first crop of homegrown tomatoes and beans. But they're actually from my parents' garden - I don't have a yard. My dad has a green thumb, and I can't wait to sample the fruits (and vegetables) of his labour.
This week's Words of the Day:
- marmoreal - adjective - literary - of or like marble.
- legerdemain - noun - 1. sleight of hand; conjuring or juggling. 2. trickery, sophistry.
- dendrology - noun - the scientific study of trees.
- steatopygous - adjective - having an excess of fat on the buttocks.
- uxorious - adjective - 1. greatly or excessively fond of one's wife; doting. 2. showing such fondness.
Out and About:
- Samuel Beckett motivational cat posters
- Knitting isn't just for scarves any more
- Childless couple recreates classic newborn photos with their Jack Russell, Snuggles.
- Awesome laser-cut paper designs
- Scrabble dictionary to get 5,000 new words
- A map of the introvert's heart
- A bit of humour on a wedding RSVP card
That's all for this week.