Current time: 5:55 a.m.
Out the window: It snowed yesterday. That's all I'm going to say.
On the menu: Homemade spring rolls. I have just discovered the wonders of rice paper and I'm seriously in love.
Reading: I finally got my hands on my own copy of Austin Kleon's Show Your Work, and I'm so glad I did. I'm expecting a few "aha!" moments and I don't think I'll be disappointed. My favourite chapter title: "Don't turn into human spam."
Listening: A new-to-me English band called Fenech-Soler (the surname of the lead singer.) "Last Forever" is the single I've had on repeat. I love the song, and I love Jamaica, so I also love the video.
- Finding a new hair stylist who skillfully tamed my wayward curls.
- Catching up with an old friend who found me via this blog.
- Being on the receiving end of an adorable toddler's cheeky grin while on a trip to the library.
- Seeing warmer temperatures in the weather forecast. There might still be hope.
- Discovering that despite not having cable, I can watch season six of Doc Martin online on the Vision TV site.
- A giggle: I told my Mexican friend that I have cabin fever and she told me to get well soon.
Out and About:
- New Cree teen superhero joins DC Comics lineup
- Baby Suiting: It's happening.
- Dear 16-Year Old Me. Don't forget your sunscreen.
- Love Elsa Mora's "botanical observations."
- I like the idea of two-minute meditations. Every bit counts, right?
That's all for this week.