Out the window: I've mentioned before that I live in a pseudo co-op. We recently discovered a neighbourhood handyman who does great work for a decent price and he's just finished off a handful of projects in and around our building. It feels so satisfying to get all of these nagging items off of our to-do list, and now we're all ready for winter to arrive.
On the menu: Broccoli salad. Not sure that I ever want to know the calorie count for this salad, but it sure is tasty.
This week's Words of the Day:
- ventifact - noun - a stone shaped by windblown sand.
- foramen - noun, anatomy - an opening, hole, or passage, esp. in a bone.
- mirabile dictu - adverb - wonderful to relate.
- sneezewort - noun - a kind of yarrow whose dried leaves are used to induce sneezing.
- cromlech - noun - 1. a megalithic tomb. 2. a circle of upright prehistoric stones.
Out and About:
- This writer believes that you should finish every book that you start. (I disagree.)
- A complete double rainbow encircles an Australian town
- A creative way to signal the end of Daylight Savings Time
- 9-year-old shutterbug wins an award
- Baby pandas team up to resist their medication
- A meteorologist's clever Halloween costume
- Is that a couch, or a bird's nest?
- Beautiful beeswax candles
That's all for this week.