Current time: 8:07 a.m. I'm late this week.
Out the window: Overcast skies. People setting off on their daily commutes.
On the menu: Ground beef tacos, minus the shells. (I'm eating gluten-free at the moment.)
- "racing brain syndrome"
- living in an anti-intellectual culture
- finding ideas worth loving
- dealing with boredom and hypersensitivity
- finding meaning in their lives and their work
- struggling to achieve success
He then offers solutions to these problems based on the principles and practices of what he calls "natural psychology."
Do you know that feeling when you come across something valuable that you weren't even aware you needed? That's how I feel about this book. It speaks to me. I've been constantly nodding my head in agreement as I read, and I made it from cover to cover in no time flat. Now I'm going to go back and read it again - this time to savour things and let them really sink in.
Don't let the title deter you - it can be tough to admit that you think you are smart, but it shouldn't be. It's just a fact of life. And if it really makes you uncomfortable, just refer to the subtitle and consider yourself bright, sensitive, or creative. Whatever the case, if you feel like you are a little different than the average bear, you need to read this book.
Listening: The new U2 single, "Invisible." For every download on iTunes, $1.16 will be donated to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. I'd say that's worth it.
- It's been a few days now since I "cut the cord" with my cable company, and so far, I've hardly noticed. Netflix and online viewing are picking up the slack, and I'm very much looking forward to saving a chunk of cash every month.
- I'm still on the Mackintosh's toffees kick, and this week I noticed something funny on the package. They market them as being "great for sharing." I think that's kooky talk.
- A visit to my therapist. Always good to have my brain "shrunk."
- The sun shining through my kitchen window. We've had so many cloudy days this winter, I just had to stand in the spotlight, squint my eyes and drink in all of the sunny goodness.
That's all for this week.