Current time: 1:34 p.m.
Out the window: The sun is shining! We've had so many grey days, and we got another dump of snow yesterday, so I just had to get out this morning and soak up some Vitamin D. It helped my mood a bit, but I discovered that my back didn't take well to the shovelling I did yesterday.
On the menu: Ratatouille. I use this recipe and vary the herbs depending on what I have on hand.
Listening: The Scottish band Camera Obscura has featured prominently in today's playlist. They play what I would consider happy music, and that's what I need on a lonely Valentine's day.
Aside from a period in my 20s and 30s when I was far too cool to watch (ha ha), I have been a fan of Corrie, as it is nicknamed, since I was a kid. My mom has been watching it since it started back in the '60s, and its addictive qualities seeped into my consciousness through osmosis.
The episodes this past couple of weeks have been especially difficult to watch, though, as they have featured the rapid decline and death of one of the series' most beloved characters, who succumbed to cancer and in the end took her own life. I watched the episodes one after the other and bawled the whole way through.
- The stillness and quiet of yet another snowy morning.
- The smell of my Crabtree & Evelyn citron, honey and coriander body lotion.
- A sweet Valentine's gift from my mom. Yes, she still gives me Valentine's cards and gifts and I love her for it.
- My sleepy cat. He never looks cuter than when he's curled up in a ball, snoozing.
- Heated car seats. One of the best inventions EVER.
That's all for this week.