Current time: 6:44 a.m.
Out the window: Slush. And lots of it. There is so. much. snow. to get rid of - it's going to be a very wet and mucky spring.
On the menu: I'm still on my slow cooker kick, and today I'm preparing this recipe for coconut and green curry pork. So simple, and oh so delicious.
Listening: Baltimore-based band Future Islands appeared on David Letterman last week and afterward Twitter was abuzz (or should I say "atwitter?") with tales of their greatness. I will admit I wasn't blown away at first, but now the song - Seasons (Waiting on You) - has totally grown on me. What do you think?
- MELTING SNOW. 'Nuff said.
- A potentially serious health issue turned out to be not so.
- A lovely walk on the river with a friend.
- Lunch out with my mom at my favourite Thai place which is exactly one block from my home. How lucky am I?
- Looking forward to dinner out this weekend with dear old friends visiting from out of town.
Out and About:
- 20 Iconic Bands Recreated in Lego
- The children's choir from the Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences performs its rendition of Pharrell's "Happy"
- Jonathan Fields of the Good Life Project interviews Adam Braun, founder of Pencils of Promise
- Not sure how long I would last if I played along with the Minimalism Game
- This genius bookcase has a built-in ladder
- A look inside the barista class
That's all for this week.