We then paste a link to our post at Spirit Uncaged, and voila - a collective is born. My favourite part? "There are no rules. Just sharing together." What could be better than anything goes? And on that note...
Current time: 3:37 a.m. For the past year or so I've had this weird sleeping routine where I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. It's not really insomnia, though, because I do always sleep for a few hours, at least, and sometimes I'm nodding off before 9:00 p.m. It's frustrating, but I'm learning to just go with it.
Out the window: A cold, crisp, starry night. Snowplows are removing MORE SNOW from the streets. Blerg. It's been a rough winter.
On the menu: Right now, some Blue Diamond honey-roasted almonds. I am seriously addicted. Later today, I foresee orange-glazed chicken with some green beans and a salad on the side.
The action in this instalment takes place at a writers' retreat, where the participants are, ironically, learning the ins and outs of crime writing. Cleeves deftly uses her insider's knowledge of the industry to flesh out the back stories of the witnesses and suspects. I'm about halfway through, and so far I'm hooked.
The best thing about the TV adaptation? Brenda Blethyn, who plays Vera. She is nothing short of brilliant in this part. I find that I'm mesmerized by her.
Listening: The song that is on a loop in my brain right now is Haim's "The Wire" - to the point where I'm almost sick of it.
- Twitter - Yes, I've surprised myself with how much I enjoy Twitter. I'm meeting new people, reading things I would otherwise never have seen, and interacting with people from all over the world. Plus, I follow several comedians who can make me giggle even on the dark days.
- Mackintosh's toffees - Yum. And your jaw gets such a good workout while you chew them, it's like they have no calories.
- Water with lemon - I'm trying to convince myself that drinking water is the best thing ever, because apparently it is, and I drink too much Coke. (I know, I know, I'm terrible. But I'm honest.) The lemon helps. A little.
- A message from an old friend - who found me via this blog. I've now confirmed that I'm the right Sarah Broadfoot, and I can't wait to hear back from her.
- Messages from new friends - I wrote two posts about depression this week (here and here) that have received a great response. I'm learning that it's important to talk openly about living with depression and I am encouraged that what I write resonates with others.
That's all for this week.